|How to register online:||Examples:|
Participants in the Virtual California Open will film themselves while dancing at home (or at their local studio or rental space), and then upload their videos to the website. Here are some key things to keep in mind to ensure that your submissions can be properly processed by our staff:
- Videos should always be shot in "landscape orientation" (e.g. short and wide, rather than tall and skinny). If shooting with a celphone, hold the device sideways, not up and down.
- Videos must be submitted as-is, without any post-processing, editing or special effects.
- The music is provided for you with an "audio marker" at the beginning of the track. It is exremely important that you include this in your video, and perform for the entire duration of the song until it is completely faded out.
- Multi-dance events must be danced all in one take. The music has been composed with a 25-second gap between songs to allow you to catch your breath.
- You should be framed in the shot with your full body in view throughout. We recommend having a friend or family member follow you around the floor, as opposed to mounting the camera in a fixed location, where it's easy to dance too far from the camera to be seen easily and properly judged.
- Ideal video quality settings are 1080p at 29.97 or 30 frames per second. These are typically the default settings of most mobile phones. Please don't use higher settings, as this can result in large file sizes that are slow to transfer and difficult to manage.
Once you have submitted your entry forms or registered online and provided payment, you will receive a link to your California Open Online portal where you can play or download the music you will use in your videos.
Once you have received your music and recorded your video, go back to your California Open Online portal to upload your videos for each event you entered. You can upload your video files directly from your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
- Come back to our website at https://www.californiaopen.com/ for the streaming event, airing on February 26, 2021 - February 28, 2021.
- We can't wait to see you here!